How To Clean White Nike Mesh Running Shoes Without Ruining Them – Those who are Nike sneaker fans know the feeling of going out in a pair of new, fresh and stylish white comfy mesh ones on their feet. Unfortunately, that happiness does not last very long. Dirt, sweat, bad weather, and other things can ruin our loved kicks. But it is possible to get them as good as new again.
Many people throw their Mesh Shoes into the washing machine once they become soiled, or stinky, but this is actually very foolish, as they risk being damaged and losing both shape, color, and elasticity. Others just go buy new ones. Well, not anymore!
How To Clean Nike White Mesh Running Shoes Without Ruining Them
White mesh shoes are always a fresh choice especially for the summer, whether it is sneakers, tennis, or running shoes. However, white shoes tend to lose some of their white shine after a while and they are hit harder by the mildest stains.
There are several ways to make your sneakers look brand new, and it’s not even difficult. Here we suggest a few different ways.
Washing white mesh shoes with bicarbonate and mild detergent
Wash them by hand with bicarbonate and soap, or liquid detergent or dishwashing detergent. Use a very soft scrubber or soft dish brush. If you want to be extra careful, you can use a toothbrush or nail brush. You can still machine wash the shoelaces.
Cleaning white shoelaces
The shoelaces are usually straightforward a machine washer safe. A simple and cheap tip is otherwise to renew your shoes and make them look cleaner, is to replace the old stained shoelaces. You can also change to another color and it looks like you have bought brand new shoes!
Clean the sole of the shoe with steel wool
If you want to go the extra cleaning mile, you can clean the sole itself with an eraser or soft steel wool, so stains will easily get removed from it.
Last resort – wash your white mesh shoes in the washing machine
If the shoes are so heavily soiled that nothing else works, well, then it might be worth putting them in the washing machine. Still, it is at your own risk! If you are lucky, they may look brand new. If not, you may need new pair.
How To Wash Mesh Shoes
How To Wash Mesh Shoes – It is best to wash the mesh shoes by hand. It is not only better for the mesh shoes but also for the washing machine. By washing your mesh shoes by hand, it retains its elasticity better, which means that it lasts longer and that its shape is sustained.
How do I dry my Mesh Shoes?
Never dry Mesh Shoes in a dryer! Mesh Shoes cannot withstand high temperatures and the color will then fade faster and maybe turned yellowish (in the case of white mesh shoes) and the airiness will be lost.
Do not twist or hand-press the Mesh Shoes, as this may ruin the fit
The best way to let a Mesh shoe dry is to lay it on a cloth or a newspaper facing up. Never use any heaters and always avoid direct sunlight.
How To Clean Nike Shoes With Mesh
- Sort and wash your Nike Shoes With Mesh by color (for example, black, white, red, and other colors).
- Use lukewarm water and preferably a detergent for delicate washing or wool.
- Soak the Mesh Nike Shoes for a few minutes instead of rubbing them clean. But do not leave it soaked for too long (especially if you are washing multicolored Mesh Shoes).
- Rinse the Shoes With cold water without rubbing.
Tips for How To Clean Nike Shoes With Mesh in the washing machine
(if you still want to wash them in a washing machine despite the loss of warranty)
- Always put the Mesh Nike Shoes in a laundry bag. In addition, always tighten the bag close on the shoes to prevent damage.
- Sort and wash your Mesh shoes by color (for example, black, white, red, and multi-colored).
- Preferably use a detergent for delicate laundry and set the machine on a washing program for a delicates cycle.
- Always follow the washing instructions on the shoe label. Nike Mesh Shoes, for instance, must not be washed in more than 30 degrees. By following the suggested washing tips, the chances are greater that your shoes will stay nice longer.
- Do your shoes have laces? Then remove it before washing if possible.
Note that the warranty is void if the washing instructions on the shoes’ washcloth are not followed.
How To Get Stains Out Of Mesh Shoes
Believe it or not but toothpaste can remove the absolute worst stains on your mesh shoes.
- Use white toothpaste (not the colored ones in gel-like consistency).
- the toothpaste using a toothbrush and brush the toothpaste into the stain or all over the shoe is even better.
- Brush the parts with stains or smudges.
- Then let it sit there for a few minutes and then wipe off the toothpaste with a damp cloth.
- Repeat on the stain bits until you reach the desired result.
How To Clean Running Shoes With Mesh
Did you buy new white mesh running sneakers before the summer and now they are anything but white? Don’t worry, we know how to get your white shoes white again. Below are three simple and smart tips.
By performing a few simple routines such as cleaning and color restoration, you can keep your shoes in new condition throughout the summer.
White mesh shoes are relatively easy to clean and keep in top condition if you only know-how.
Waterproof to increase the shoe’s water resistance is a good foundation. A good waterproofing spray should not affect the shoe’s breathability – this is especially important when it comes to summer shoes that are exposed to a lot of heat and moisture.
When you are cleaning the mesh running shoes, we always recommend hand washing.
- Soak the shoes in lukewarm water and rub them with a soft brush.
- Apply a small amount of detergent and scrub a little harder on tough stains areas.
- Rinse in cold water then let to air dry for a couple of days in a well-ventilated room.
We do not recommend washing the shoes in a machine. There is always a risk that the glue parts will get loose or that the shoes will be damaged. Also considering that the washing machine detergent is a product that is not specially developed for this purpose.
How To Clean Nike Tennis White Mesh Running Shoes Without Ruining Them In The Dishwasher
Yes, you read that right. In the dishwasher. Make sure the machine is empty before setting up your dirty sneakers. Place the shoes as high up in the dishwasher as possible. Add detergent and set up a regular lukewarm dishwashing program. When the cycle is over, take out your sneakers and let them air dry.
To make sure that you can wash utensils once again in the dishwasher
clear the drain and run an only-vinegar cycle to sanitize it before the next use.
Tip! How to care for your White Mesh Shoes to last longer:
1. Always use a protective product for waterproofing before putting on your shoes for the first time. It forms a shield against water, dirt, and stains.
2. Always dry the shoes with a towel if the weather has been wet and moist, so they stay fresher longer.
3. Get good shoe care products. Special ones for just white mesh hoes are available.
4. Brush clean your sneakers regularly. The more often the better, but preferably at least once a week.
5. If you can afford it, get two pairs of shoes to switch between. Then they have time to breathe and stay fresher longer.
6. If they get wet, stuff them with a newspaper to remove all moisture. It also helps the shoes stay in shape.
7. If you have jeans that tarnished their cooler on the shoes, tape the inside of the jeans! It will not be visible, nothing will be destroyed, but it will prevent the color from reaching the shoes!
8. Buy new shoelaces. New shoelaces are a cheap investment that definitely makes a difference and makes your sneakers look whiter.